The Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Our Prince, Joe, is leaving us. Please send him out with loving arms and join his goodbye collab. -stares sternly at joe-

Bill S.978

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MoonsAura
F1R5T!!11!
MoonsAura

Bill S.978 Empty
PostSubject: Bill S.978   Bill S.978 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 1:00 pm

Ok so I'm going to simplify this as short as possible. Bill S.978 is a copyright bill intended to stop pirating and illegal streaming for profit. yet it was so horribly worded that its will effect a whole broader range, it prevents streaming or uploading any copyrighted inculding video games and audio, if uploaded a video like someone lipsyncing a song or a parody of a song it could mean a 2,500 dollar fine and 5 years in jail (note the fine is a sorta in between i seen 5,000s and such but mostly 2,500 so mmhm. Are you getting the picture that its effecting MMV makers no matter what audio even if its forien like a Kpop or Jpop or anything else in between this will not matter what even if this was not attended for profit or not mostly we might go to jail. It was not attended to be directed at us but the way its worded it affects us.It's said you cant 'publicly display or perform' which the internet is the public and were displaying it with animation this will take down a whole lot of maple animators and most of youtube down. This also affects game players like Tate for he streams games plays of himself and alot of other youtubers. Not only its effects big companies like Machinima( and for me it means no minecraft and the popular RED vs BLUE, ign and ngt) and the only way you are able to post audio and other copyrighted things is to get escusive premission to post these things, ok this doesn't seem like a big deal but think about it music stars and games producers they are more focus on making games and music and its highly unlikly for you to recive a email from them saying a ok. The only way to get your permission is to get a lawyer and do legal action to get it. Think about the money and time to go through all this. This is going out of hand The Senate better not pass this bill or they should reword this because if this is pass the way it is most of us are in big -the word tr*ouble has been censored by the king <3-.
Ok now lets go into a WORLD VIEW if you play video games and knowing about things. Ok so how did most of you find your videos games, idunno about you mostly but all my friends and I myself found the most fun video games by youtube streamers and how about movies, movies commentarys or vloggers well most of us won't have that anymore we wouldn't have the knowlege we could always read the news but how boring is that . And People who sing karoke couldve made it big like Justin Beiber ( ok off topic but seriously the dudes got talent he can sing i don't hate him but i don't like him so i really don't care what you say) but now people can't do that and like Kids Bop (lol) Thats going to be illegal as well how many people sang karoke and got big is alot of people so thats hurting the music industry right there (cough the music , and media industries are pushing this bill) They just can't see that people are making there creations better. In realization the law makers are being lazy and doing things incorrectly they are messing with big companys like google (who owns youtube).if you look around people mostly gamers are upset, but even a lawyer blogger is upset and he knows his stuff. Note : This also effects streaming anime like crunchy roll (which i watch my anime from since i won a member ship from anime expo).

Side Note: I get this bill trying to prevent pirating and stealing which is totally right no one should steal others works and i would be perfectly fine with this bill if it wasn't worded this way they need to change it or dismiss this bill completely, but if i know the goverment is right now the law makers are only listening to the lobbist and are rushing to pass this bill so Bill S.978 763100 There probley gunna screw up the bill even more.
I'm hoping this is not gunna pass due to this is violating the terms of the 1st Amendment
also this will also cause alot of job losts and overfilling are prisions.

Another side note: the link is a petion sorta but its emailing the goverment to say stop look at this bill or REALIZE YOUR DOING THIS THING WRONG. i already sent 3 so help the youtube commuity out and the world(Americas so screwed up this even effects forieners)

[EDIT] Notch posted on his twitter/tumblr saying he will give excussive rights to his minecraft meaning those who like watching minecraft lets plays (like me and joe) the commentators are safe for that game if this bill pass.

PROTECT OUR RIGHTS BY :[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
https://revolution.iftopic.com/u9
King
Admin
King

Bill S.978 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bill S.978   Bill S.978 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 6:48 pm

OH JESUS CHRIST WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK.
videos with licenced media and games make up like, half of youtube goddamnit.
if they pass this thousands of people are going to go to jail for no reason !
we have rights goddamnit. i am enraged that the government could behave this poorly.
Back to top Go down
https://revolution.iftopic.com
MoonsAura
F1R5T!!11!
MoonsAura

Bill S.978 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bill S.978   Bill S.978 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 7:43 pm

Exactly the way its worded right now it effects alot
Back to top Go down
Camreonkel
F1R5T!!11!
Camreonkel

Bill S.978 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bill S.978   Bill S.978 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 1:11 am

No one will go to jail for anything they have done before the passing of the bill, only for the things they do after the bill is passed
Back to top Go down
King
Admin
King

Bill S.978 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bill S.978   Bill S.978 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 2:38 pm

I DONT CARE.
IT IS A GROSS VIOLATION OF THIS NATIONS NUMBER ONE FREEDOM.
AND I WONT STAND FOR IT.
Back to top Go down
https://revolution.iftopic.com
MoonsAura
F1R5T!!11!
MoonsAura

Bill S.978 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bill S.978   Bill S.978 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 2:48 pm

We wont go to jail if we delete are videos but if we do yah theres a possiblity
Back to top Go down
King